Event Time and Date
98 Days until this Event
The Sign Competition is an opportunity for RSOs and Residence Halls to show their artistic talent by painting a mural of their interpretation of the Homecoming theme, "Beat the Rangers." Sign up here:
Prizes: (All funds are deposited into the winner's Agency Account.)
First place: $500
Second place: $300
Third place: $100
For any questions, please contact the Department of Campus Life at 479.968.0276 or by email at email@example.com.
- Each entry is to be submitted here by Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 5 pm.
- The $10 entry fee, used to cover the cost of the material, is to be submitted to Student Services, Doc Bryan Suite 233 by Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 5 pm.
- Sign material consists of one (1) 4'x8' sheet of plywood, two 2"x4"x12" boards, and two hinges.
- Sign materials can be picked up on Friday, October 6, 2017 between 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm at the Intramural Field.
- The finished product is placed in Centennial Plaza on Friday, October 20, 2017 between 12:00 pm -5:00 pm.
- The signs will remain in Centennial Plaza overnight and throughout the Homecoming game. RSOs and Residence Halls can pick up their signs at the conclusion of the football game. Any signs not picked up will be discarded.
- Signs can be two dimensional with the following guidelines: Sign can be painted and/or textured. Signs can be textured up to 1/2 inch of covering material. Texture measurements will be taken from the surface of the board. Board thickness is not included in the measurement. (This can include paper, bottle caps, etc.)
- Nothing can be added to make the board bigger. The maximum size is the board itself, vertical or horizontal, depending on how the RSO or Residence Hall chooses to design it.
- Signs must be finished by the time they are set up in Centennial Plaza.
- Only construction of support stands may be performed on site. A carpenter will be on site to assist in construction of support stands.
- Tent stakes and rope must secure signs from both the front and back. Groups must provide their own tent stakes and rope to tie down the board. There must be a total of four stakes, two in the back and two in the front.
- Please make sure the names of the Registered Student Organization or Residence Hall is on the sign and easily visible.
Is this event co-sponsored?
If so, with whom?